Monday 15 October 2012

Part of both hardware and software

I was always confused about what I really want to be. One thing I was sure of was that I wanted remain in the field of mathematics but not sure how. The period had come in my life when I was searching for the solutions to my uncertainty. Applied Physics, Mathematics and Engineering seemed to be my options. However, to choose amongst them was like a herculean task for me. However, I made up my mind and joined the engineering in the field of Electronics and Communications. But soon after the completion of my third semester I realized that Communication was not my cup of tea but I enjoyed electronics (especially digital design,microprocessor,digital vlsi design, embedded system ), plus in the meantime I had developed a proclivity towards programming. I especially enjoyed coding in C but was never into high level language. I spent most of the time learning and writing code in C. It was like my routine to divide my time between embedded electronics (especially microprocessor,microcontroller and computer architecture) and programming (especially algorithms and coding in C). But I was confused and was not able to bridge between the two but when I came across the embedded programming and Operating System, I knew it was going to be my field. Here, not only could I learn about coding in my favourite language C but also interact with the hardware which I have always loved to do. Thus, I got my wish to be in touch with both the hardware and software and henceforth I have been engaging myself  in the operating system, device drivers, interrupts handling, computer architecture and embedded control.

No comments :

Post a Comment